The Abstinence Clearinghouse serves as an affiliation network for the abstinence community. The Clearinghouse is a non-profit educational organization that promotes the appreciation for and practice of sexual abstinence through distribution of age-appropriate, factual and medically-accurate materials.
The Clearinghouse was founded to provide a central location where character, relationship and abstinence-until-marriage programs, curricula, speakers and materials could be accessed. The Clearinghouse serves agencies and individuals on national, state and local levels, as well as internationally.
The Clearinghouse helps to strengthen national, state, local and international agencies through the various services it offers, such as:
• Hosting educational, national and regional conferences
• Publication and distribution of the Abstinence Clearinghouse Directory of Abstinence Resources (which contains hundreds of abstinence-until-marriage resources)
• Publication of The Abstinence Network, a national quarterly newsletter to inform and educate those working to help young people abstain from premarital sexual intercourse
• Production of materials to provide information promoting abstinence education
• Providing technical assistance to schools and other societal institutions to assist in preventing behaviors that place young people at risk for HIV infection, other STDs and unintended pregnancy.
• The mission of the Abstinence Clearinghouse is to promote the appreciation for and practice of sexual abstinence (purity) until marriage through the distribution of age appropriate, factual and medically-referenced materials. We are a clearinghouse for abstinence information and a network of abstinence advocates. We invite you to join us!
Interested in learning more about the Abstinence Clearinghouse or receiving a newsletter? Let us know!
To learn about the many benefits of becoming an affiliate of the Abstinence Clearinghouse, please visit the Affiliations section.