Holy Week is a time set aside to celebrate the immense sacrifice our Savior made through His death, burial and resurrection. For many, this week will consist of putting on your Sunday best, celebrating with the church body and preparing for a feast with family and friends.
As you celebrate the glorious grace that has been offered through Jesus, consider creating a new family tradition! Here are a few ideas that will create lasting memories with your family this Easter:
- Have an Easter egg hunt. Make this year's egg hunt a little more exciting by allowing the children in your family to hide the eggs from the adults outside or throughout the house.
- Wear your Easter best. Even if you attend an Easter Sunday service virtually, who's to say you can't still dress up to stay home and celebrate with family? Be sure to snap a selfie!
- Go on a prayer walk. Praying for your neighbors and city as a family is a powerful way to model caring for the spiritual needs of others to your children.
- Create a family cookie decorating challenge. Keep your Easter meal simple and make sugar cookies with your children. See who can make the most unique Easter-themed cookie without using a cookie cutter.
- Make a stained glass masterpiece. Use colorful paper or paint to create a stained glass cross mural in a prominent window of your home.
- Learn from one another. Don't miss the opportunity to engage in worship and discussion this Easter. Encourage each member of your family to take notes on Sunday's sermon and talk to your children about the implications of Gospel truths in their own lives after the service.