The falling leaves have begun and so has the season of gratitude. This autumn, celebrate your thankfulness by spending quality time with your family and friends. Family outings can be a great time to invite your kids' friends and use it as an opportunity to get to know them better. Especially if your teenager has friends of the opposite gender, these fall activities can give them an opportunity to hang out in a group setting. Here are some ideas on how you can have fun with your family and friends this fall:
- Go apple picking. Have a contest to see who can find the shiniest apple.
- Get lost in a corn maze (but not too lost!).
- Enjoy the last of a local farmer's market.
- Mow a little football field into your yard and have a touch-football game.
- Hike on a trail to see the changing leaves.
- Plant flower bulbs in your garden--you'll appreciate it next spring.
- Tailgate at a high school football game.
- Participate in a local fun-run.
- Go to a pumpkin patch and carve your pumpkins together afterwards.
- Collect the most colorful leaves to use in a fun craft.
- Bake the best apple pie.
- Offer to rake an elderly neighbor's yard.
- Make spiced apple cider to warm up on a chilly day.
- Have a family bonfire with a s'mores buffet.
Download this Fall Bucket List for more ideas! We challenge you to pick at least five activites and share your favorite memory with us after!